Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Today I received permission from Hachette (in my Netgalley account) to download M.C. Beaton's newest Hamish story "Death of a Kingfisher".  Guess what I am going to do tonight! Years ago at an American Library Association Conference in Washington, D.C., M.C. Beaton was one of the authors to be signing her books. I took the train from Delaware down so I could be one of the first to have her sign.  If you are a reader of her Agatha Raisin series you might be surprised to know  that she looks a lot like Agatha, only not with a scowl on her face. She was very friendly and gracious. But Agatha is a good-looking woman, even James says so, and so is Ms. Beaton.

I love Netgalley but am a real novice at downloading to my Nook. It only took two tries to get this newest book downloaded so maybe I am getting the knack of it.

Happy reading! I will give a "whodunit lover" quick review of this newest Hamish MacBeth mystery soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment