Monday, February 13, 2012

Cozy Anyone?

I love mysteries -- almost all kinds -- but especially love the cozy.  Some of my favorite titles are set in the UK, Wales, and Scotland.  Rhys Bowen has changed my way of looking at the British cozy, with her "Royal Spyness" series. I was more or less stuck in the modern cozy  -- especially by my favorite M.C. Beaton (love that Hamish MacBeth and the irascible Agatha Raisin!) -- until this series caught my eye.  I especially loved the sense of history that intereactions with the Queen opened.

Have you discovered the website Cozy-Mystery.com?  This is a great place to keep up with your favorite series and/or find new authors.  Now is the time of the cozy series; there are new ones being published every month, some better than others, of course. Being a retired librarian I dote on those that feature librarians or bibliophiles as sleuths. Right now I am reading "File M for Murder" (A Cat in the Stacks Mystery) by Miranda James.  Charlie Harris, the rare books cataloger for the local college, along with his Maine Coon cat Diesel, solves murders on the side.  Great fun!

Of course mystery series that revolve around food are also delicious.  There are ones about donut shops, cookie bakeries, barbeque joints, cheese shops -- just think about food and you'll find a mystery to whet your appetite.

This is the beginning of a new adventure for me, blogging about what I like to read. Don't be surprised, however, if sometimes I mention a great children's book because I was a children' librarian for a good number of years.

Read a good book today!  If you want to comment about it, I would love to know what you think.

No comments:

Post a Comment